The Board of Directors of Posti Group has specified the company's strategic goals for 2015–2017. They are targeted at renewing Posti and improving profitability in new services. Posti aims to be the first choice for its customers as the provider of postal and logistics services in 2018. The most important financial target for Posti is to maintain good profitability.
The change taking place in the postal sector will become more rapid in the next few years when letter and publication distribution volumes fall as a result of electronic communications. Digitalization will change Posti's current business models and create new services and growth opportunities.
At the same time, competition will become more fierce in postal and logistics services, and the role of eCommerce will become more prominent. The best customer experience, multi-channel service, the capability to renew, and competent personnel are the most important success factors.
These trends lie in the background of Posti's strategy to renew the company into a customer-oriented, first-class, profitable postal and logistics service company.
Posti’s strategic focus areas for 2015–2017 are:
1. We will defend the distribution business of publications and direct marketing by extending the product lifecycle so that it is as long as possible. We will shape our capacity with the aim of maintaining good cost competitiveness and service capability when letter and publication volumes are decreasing.
2. We are Finland's leading logistics service provider in parcel, warehouse and transport businesses and a major logistics operator in Russia. We create solutions that enable the online shopping of goods.
3. We improve the customer experience through multi-channel digital services and develop Posti's services to meet customers' needs.
4. Posti has access to an efficient, process controlled, digitalized nationwide production network that is managed in a high quality manner and on which we will base our growth.
5. OpusCapita is an important part of our Group and will be turned into a strong provider of financial management software, processes, and automation services in Northern Europe.
6. We look for synergy benefits from new growing markets. Home services, meal deliveries, and food logistics make use of Posti's nationwide distribution network. We develop new data and analytics services to meet customers' needs.
7. We develop the competence of our personnel in new services and the capability to address the opportunities of digitalizing business systematically. Our aim is to be the best workplace in the industry.
The Business Groups' operating environments and strategic goals are described in more detail in Business Groups' own sections.